Looking for a solution something like LVM in Linux

gurple gurple at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 19:37:41 PST 2004

Hi,

Like the subject says, I'm looking for an OS X (Server) feature that
allows me to dynamically span logical volumes across multiple physical
drives. This isn't a RAID but the logical volumes created by a RAID
could be used to supplement the volume group's ultimate logical volume.
Ultimately I'd like to also know if it is possible to use Network Block
Devices in OS X (S) to further distribute these volumes across multiple
machines.

The goal here is to provide a solitary volume that isn't dependent upon
a single point of failure such as a single device for access.

Does this at all sound feasible using OS X

Cheers,
gurple
--
We've secretly replaced his regular signature with Folgers Crystals®.