[X-Unix] BASH problem?

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Tue Dec 7 05:28:10 PST 2004

On Dec 7, 2004, at 12:47 PM, Russell McGaha wrote:

> 	In an effort to start learning Bash I change my shell from Tcsh to
> Bash, but that's caused a problem.  I've a script that runs nightly to
> pull and build Mozilla, the script is a Tcsh script with a first line
> of "#!/bin/tcsh -x".  Now I THOUGHT, that line told the 'system' to
> run that script under Tcsh

Yeah, that's right assuming the script has execution permmissions and
is run as an executable. There any interpreter can be put, perl for
instance, it does not need to be a shell.

Why do you set the -x flag for a nightly script BTW?

> ; but with my shell set to Bash, I get all kinds of Bash errors on the
> first lines of the script and the script doesn't run.  I've tried
> running "do script with command "/bin/tcsh;source MozScript1d.txt;" "
> from an AppleScript to invoke Tsch first, and then run the script; but
> all though Tsch gets invoked my scripts doesn't.
> 	Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how I can correct this?

Does the script run under cron? Can you send the errors you get? Can
you send the very script?

-- fxn