[X-Unix] kernel panic

Kurt Harvey kurt at beelinegroup.com
Wed Dec 29 09:05:06 PST 2004

>Hi folks. What questions do I need to answer, for some help???
>
>iMac G4 15" monitor
>OS X10.3
>Won't startŠ all I get is a "Coded" window with
>kernel panic attack, and I can't even start from
>a CD, or HOW do I start from the CD?
>
>Skip

here's a OSX troubleshooting guide from Apple:

I would say start with disconnecting *all*
peripherals except for keyboard & mouse and all
3rd party RAM then try to boot from the hard
drive. If that fails try booting from the Panther
CD (hold the C key down at boot time).

If that fails try resetting the Open Firmware by
holding down the Command Option OF keys at start
up. If you are able to get the grey Open Firmware
screen and ">" prompt type the following:

reset-nvram   <press Return>
set-defaults    <press Return>
reset-all   <press Return>

Your computer will reboot after that last command, hopefully successfully. ;)

If no joy take it to an Apple repair shop unless
someone here else has any better ideas?

Kurt