[X-Unix] Port Forwarding ssh using -R option

Our Pal Al opa at avalon.rockefeller.edu
Fri Feb 6 09:52:05 PST 2004

Thanks Dan and Bill,

Good advice based on my boneheaded question. Of  course, after I posted I
figured out what I *should* be doing. AND was able to do it and it works!

I played with sshd_config so ssh listens on port 23 (on the Xandros linux
box, actually. It's the "new guy" so it has to move! :).

Then I opened up port 23 on the router and port mapped it to the linux box.

Ssh to my home Mac is straight and to get to the Linux box I just use 'ssh
-p 23 <my dynsdns address>' and works like a charm!

(oops! It did last night! But I'm not sure I left the machine on when I left
today :)

- al