Start, re-start? again & again?

Steve Herman steve.herman at msfc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 12 08:51:13 PST 2004

>It looks like it may have been bad memory all along.

Concerning the memory... it could be that it just needed to be
reseated. Maybe it became loose after jostling your system around or
something. Before giving up on the memory I'd suggest putting it back
in the machine, making sure it's securely seated in the sockets and
then seeing if you can get your machine up and running.

>Ok here is something else now.
>
>I can't drag and drop anything period.
>I can't drag a file from the hard drive to the Zip drive for backing up
>I can't drag the Zip disk to the trash to eject
>I Can't drag a file from the hard drive to another folder on the same
>drive???

As someone suggested this can be caused by hosed up system files
(possibly caused by all the crashes and restarts you've had to do...
it can also be caused by the accumulation of cache files.

There's a utility I've used before called "Dragster" that removes
certain prefs and cleans caches, etc... it's fixed the drag/drop
problem on more than one occasion for me.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16804>

Steve
| Steve Herman                                          |
| Macintosh Software Development and Support            |
| Lockheed Martin Information Technology   NASA-ODIN    |
| 102 Research Blvd, Bldg 2                             |
| Madison, AL 35758                (voice) 256 319-2869 |
| mailto:steve.herman at msfc.nasa.gov  (fax) 256 319-2984 |