what are your favourite commands and scripts for geektool?

Adrian Simmons adriman at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 13 03:02:01 PST 2004

Hello,

I've been running a number of terminal windows on my desktop tailing
various log files for a while - nice colours, highly transparent etc,
and wondering if there was a way to get rid of the window bar.

Then I came across Geektool yesterday:
<http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/>

Which is fantastic, I've already set up my tails of mail.log,
procmail.log and httpd_error log, and have added a simple uptime window.

But I want more! Does anyone have any tips of unix commands or scripts
to run and monitor. In particular something to monitor cpu, memory,
network and disk usage - then maybe I can ditch XRG.

TIA

Adrian