[X-Unix] No multiuser afp?

Jakob Peterhänsel jakob at hjemme.dk
Fri Feb 13 02:34:28 PST 2004

Hi..

This is because the login is to the server, not the mount-point.
AFP has ALWAYS worked this way, and it's hard to believe it being
changed.

But file an enhancement request to Apple.

On 13. feb 2004, at 8:21, luke wrote:

> Why is the following scenario seemingly not possible?
>

> use the Finder to Connect a remote Volume with two different volumes
> and two different users at the same time...
>
> eg:
>
> I mount disk1 using user1 and password1...
>
> once this is mounted...
>
> I try to mount disk2 using user2 and password 2...
>

> these seem to be mutually exclusive... ??

Jakob Peterhänsel
Network Consultant
Tel: +45 7022 1014
Fax: +45 7022 1013
Mob: +45 22 68 49 61
jp at netpoint.com
www.NetPoint.com

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected
by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is
prohibited.