[X-Unix] Schedule Indexing via Terminal

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 23 00:20:39 PST 2004

On 2/22/04 11:01 PM, "Spoolman Nancy" <nanc at spoolman.com> wrote:

> You Get Info on the folder you want and tell it to Index. I have people
> who want to have it done automatically. Well, I use Terminal only  when
> I know the exact script. I'll check out the man cron and see if I can
> figure it out. Thanks!

I thought indexing _was_ done automatically? You can force indexing by
clicking the button in the Get Info window, but I didn't think there were
any other possibilities.

It is certainly not explained in man cron.

Kirk

        My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .