[X-Unix] Panther, ssh and mail

avri at psg.com avri at psg.com
Wed Jan 14 19:56:52 PST 2004

Answering my own question.

On 2004-01-15, at 12.33, avri at psg.com wrote:

> debug1: Connections to local port 14110 forwarded to remote address
> group.com:110
> debug1: Local forwarding listening on ::1 port 14110.
> debug1: fd 4 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug1: channel 0: new [port listener]
> debug1: Local forwarding listening on 127.0.0.1 port 14110.
> debug1: fd 5 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug1: channel 1: new [port listener]
> debug1: Connections to local port 14025 forwarded to remote address
> group.com:25
> debug1: Local forwarding listening on ::1 port 14025.
> debug1: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug1: channel 2: new [port listener]
> debug1: Local forwarding listening on 127.0.0.1 port 14025.
> debug1: fd 7 setting O_NONBLOCK

the ::1 bothered me.

why was there a ipv6 localhost address when i don't happen to be on a
v6 node?

so tried running ssh with the -4 flag for ipv4 addresses only and it
works.  it is probably a bug in the app using the dual stack.

thanks for letting me debug on your time.  i have often found that
explaining my problem to someone helps me debug it.

a.