Altering .bashrc in bash to add to $PATH

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Jan 7 22:05:11 PST 2004

echo $SHELL gives me /bin/bash
echo $PATH gives me /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

I am wanting to add /Library/MySQL/bin to my path

While in my home directory, I do pico .bashrc

Pico opens with a single line that says:

export PATH="$PATH:/Library/MySQL/bin"

How far off am I in getting my PATH altered to include that additional path? I am thinking that I am doing what I need to do but it doesn't appear to be working.   :-(

--
Robert Ameeti

Let everyone sweep in front of his own door, and the whole world will be clean.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe