[X-Unix] .bash_profile

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 9 02:01:02 PST 2004

On 1/9/04 10:50, "Simon Forster" <simon-lists at ldml.com> wrote:

> And on this subject, as of Panther, man pages are not scrollable in the
> terminal. Rather, I have to use the control y and v options to move up
> and down pages. This has got me thinking on my use of man (a bad thing
> ;-). Can I change my environment so that an appropriate man page is
> opened in a new terminal window with the entire text already loaded.
> This means that I can use terminal's scroll bars to navigate through
> the text. Of course we'll need to start at the top of the man page's
> text.

There are two shareware programs, ManOpen and ManThor, that let you view man
pages more easily. Also, Apple's ProjectBuilder (part of the developer
tools) has a menu item for viewing man pages.

Kirk

            My Latest Book: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .