[X-Unix] .bash_profile

Stephen Galliver periodicals at galliver.cx
Fri Jan 9 07:22:08 PST 2004

I have been using AquaLess [http://aqualess.sourceforge.net/]

>From the webpage: "AquaLess is a Cocoa replacement for the less command,
which is constrained to the terminal window. AquaLess opens a separate
window for each text, so you can keep working in the terminal while you
read."

If you set the PAGER environment variable to /path/to/AquaLess then man
will open each document in a new AquaLess window.

A caveat: I set AquaLess to be the default PAGER, which causes problems
when I don't have a GUI.  So when I log in via ssh, I have to remember to
reset the PAGER to less.

Hope this helps,
-- sdg

--