Changing owner globally

Stephen Jonke sjj_public at mac.com
Thu Jul 1 08:21:46 PDT 2004

I know this is possible, but I don't know how to format the command and
want to make sure I have it right. My sisters Mac running 10.3.4 was
originally set up with a particular use (her Ex) as the admin and so
lots of files are owned by his username. I want to remove his account
and change all files on the system owned by him to be owned by her.
What is the find (or other) command I should use to do this in one fell
swoop? I presume I should first change ownership and then delete the
account (what happens if you delete the account of a user that has
ownership of files that remain on the system?)

Steve