[X-Unix] Changing owner globally

William H. Magill magill at mcgillsociety.org
Thu Jul 1 17:45:48 PDT 2004

On 01 Jul, 2004, at 20:13, Stroller wrote:
>> I presume I should first change ownership and then delete the account
>> (what happens if you delete the account of a user that has ownership
>> of files that remain on the system?)
>
> The files are still owned by his numerical UID.

Remember that when the account is deleted, it is not completely
deleted. The contents of his home directory are archived. The account
GUI will tell you where when you delete the account.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# Beige G3 - Rev A motherboard - 768 Meg
# Flat-panel iMac (2.1) 800MHz - Super Drive - 768 Meg
# PWS433a [Alpha 21164 Rev 7.2 (EV56)- 64 Meg]- Tru64 5.1a
# XP1000  [Alpha EV6]
magill at mcgillsociety.org
magill at acm.org
magill at mac.com