[X-Unix] Bash script

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Jul 9 06:26:53 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 06:33:41PM -0700, Scott Haneda wrote:
:
:  For some reason this is not working, If I run it alone, like so:
:  tr "\r" "\n" < /Applications/EIMS/Filters/STF.log | grep 89
:  I get hits, if I run it as a shell script
:  stfgrep 89 I get nothing.
:
: #!/bin/bash
:
:  if [ "$1" = "" ]; then
:   echo "Enter in something to search on"
:   exit 0
:  fi
:
:  tr "\r" "\n" < /Applications/EIMS/Filters/STF.log | grep "$1"

I saw some odd whitespace characters in your shell script.  What editor
are you using to write it?  Whatever app it is, be sure to save as a
plain text file.  That might be the problem.  Otherwise, your script is
perfectly fine.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/