[X-Unix] undeleting mail.app accounts?

Dave Higgins dave at just4.com
Thu Jun 3 18:35:30 PDT 2004

On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:17 PM, Justin French wrote:

> I have a back-up that's about 2 weeks old, so it's not the end of the
> world, but I really like to retrieve the data if possible.  Any hints?

If you want to just recover the backups, I would say create a blank new
account with the same info, then quit Mail.app. After that, replace the
empty ~/Library/Mail/ folder with the backup.

Looks good on paper, anyway.

If you're looking to recover all of it, you would need something like
Norton UnErase (already installed, preferred).

Dave.