[X-Unix] Record Audio from Terminal

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 24 03:26:06 PDT 2004

On Jun 24, 2004, at 6:21 am, Kansas Territory wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2004, at 11:17 PM, Sephee wrote:
>
>> Would anyone know of a Unix application or another way to record
>> audio from a microphone from within a the terminal? Or is there a way
>> of controlling another audio app via the terminal to record? I have a
>> kind of unique setup where I think this capability would be the best
>> way to go. I dont know if I did the best job of explaining that
>> clearly but, please let me know if you know anything.
>

> This may not be of any help.. But I think maybe the easiest thing to
> do would be to find a recording app
> that supports Applescript..  then I believe you could write a script
> to start recording..  and execute the applescript from the command
> line  ?
>
> unless of course there is already some command line app that supports
> this already...

I can't find any relevant command-line app by Googling, which surprises
me. I would have expected a CLI interface to be shipped with the o/s.

So your suggestion to find an app which supports AppleScript seems
best. I use Audio Recorder to create my voicemail messages, and it
seems to come with 3 sample scripts. Might be worth a look.
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/17392>

HTH,

Stroller.