[X-Unix] Record Audio from Terminal

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Wed Jun 23 22:21:52 PDT 2004

On Jun 23, 2004, at 11:17 PM, Sephee wrote:

> Would anyone know of a Unix application or another way to record audio
> from a microphone from within a the terminal? Or is there a way of
> controlling another audio app via the terminal to record? I have a
> kind of unique setup where I think this capability would be the best
> way to go. I dont know if I did the best job of explaining that
> clearly but, please let me know if you know anything.

This may not be of any help.. But I think maybe the easiest thing to do
would be to find a recording app
that supports Applescript..  then I believe you could write a script to
start recording..  and execute the applescript from the command line  ?

unless of course there is already some command line app that supports
this already...

kansas