Script - works, but not where I need it to

Bert Knabe bert.knabe at lubbockonline.com
Wed Jun 30 18:08:22 PDT 2004

I have a shell script to copy all files added to a folder in the last
24 hours to another folder. It works, but only when invoked from my
computer. When invoked on our Xserve, it gets the following error:

[computer:/Users/Shared] admin% sh filecopy22.txt
filecopy22.txt: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

The script is just a line or two:

find /Volumes/composing/\ \ \ Running\ Ads/* -mtime 1 -exec cp -p {}
/Volumes/Online/\PDF\'S/In/ \;

The computers are:  iMac 400 DV 512 meg RAM OS X 10.3.4
			Xserve w/RAID 2gig RAM OS X 10.2.8

Bert Knabe
Computer Technician
Lubbock Avalanche Journal