[X-Unix] 0th Annual Shell X-Unix Scripting Contest

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 09:07:35 PST 2004

>From: Eugene Lee <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net>
>Oh gawd, we already have code forks...
>
>As a joke, maybe we should have a impromptu shell script writing contest
>and see who can pump out the best command-line tool to hide/show a faced
>application in OS X.  Code may be judged on the number of features, ease
>of use, robustness, and other nonsensical bits.  All submissions may use
>commands available in shipping versions of OS X, especially those in the
>the Developer Tools CD.  If it didn't come with OS X, it cannot be used.
>
>Thoughts?

To be fair, those of us who are partly professional Unix scripters
should stand aside from such a contest.  My example was just intended
to lead those new to scripting on a bit.  The bulk of it is just
boilerplate from my standard script skeleton - nothing special.  This
is my first venture into using AppleScript calls though.

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)