How to set up initial xterm defaults (or what do you use as a xterm on the Mac)

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Sat May 1 07:00:45 PDT 2004

>From: Chris Kacoroski <ckacoroski at nsd.org>
>
>I would like to set up the xterm windows to have a scrollbar, more
>scrollback lines, etc. but cannot figure out how to do this on the Mac
>as I cannot find a plist file for the xterm application (not really
>expected to as it is not a Mac app).    My real question is what do
>people use for an xterm type application on the Mac that works well in
>a mixed OS environment.  I use rvxt on Linux and like it, but do not
>see it for the Mac.

I use
	xterm -ls -sb -sl 10000  -name ...   -title ... ...
-ls	= login shell - make the shell running in the new xterm
window a login shell that reads .profile etc.
-sb	= scroll bar
-sl <n>	= no. of scrolback lines = <n>
-name	set the contents of the title bar and name of the icon
-title	(if you can iconise rather than dock on minimise)

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)