[X-Unix] How to set up initial xterm defaults (or what do you use as a xterm on the Mac)

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpalaciosp at eml.cc
Sun May 2 11:37:07 PDT 2004

On May 1, 2004, at 10:00 AM, David Ledger wrote:

> I use
> 	xterm -ls -sb -sl 10000  -name ...   -title ... ...
> -ls	= login shell - make the shell running in the new xterm window a
> login shell that reads .profile etc.
> -sb	= scroll bar
> -sl <n>	= no. of scrolback lines = <n>
> -name	set the contents of the title bar and name of the icon
> -title	(if you can iconise rather than dock on minimise)
>
> David

	Hi David! Though the response was not meant for me, it has proved to
be very useful nonetheless,... long live the mailing lists ;-) There's
still one thing lacking in my xinitrc file however, and I thought I
could ask you: is there any setting that could take over the dimensions
of the xterm window? I'm looking for something akin to the "Dimensions"
settings in the "Window" section of Mac OS X's Terminal's "Window
Settings" panel. I tried looking in X11.app's Preferences but couldn't
find anything to that effect. Wait... I just found out xterm is
documented (man 1 xterm), but it's a looooong page! You think you could
help me here?

	Thanks!

		Juan