Trying to get rid of unwanted files

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 13 07:09:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm one of many suffering from OS 10.3.3's print server bloat problem
(the /var/spool/cups/tmp directory files with 1000's of files and the
print service chokes and fails).

I've written a cron task to clean out the /tmp folder but I'm trying
to find a suitable Unix command to clean out the /cups folder,
leaving the /tmp folder behind.

I want to end up with two tasks, one that cleans /tmp (deletes the
contents) and one that removes everything from /cups except the /tmp
directory.

Can anyone point this GUI user in the right direction (please keep it simple)?
--
Regards,

Mark (}-:

AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

"I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than Windoze in front of me..."
-- Brian J. Lowry