[X-Unix] SMB and Windows Server2003

Kathy kaholton at mac.com
Mon May 31 04:48:03 PDT 2004

Nick,

I am having the same problem at my office.  We had a Windows NT4.5
Small Business Server and replaced it with Window 2004 Small Business
Server.  The guy that set it up changed the Domain name, because our
business changed its name.

I have administrator rights; and no, I cannot connect to any of the
windows shares.  It seems OS 10 or the Windows box will not
authenticate my user name and password.  I can log into the apple
shares set up.  But, I really need access to the Windows shares.  And
if I change the NT box to let everyone do everything without logging
in, I can connect fine.  That is not really on option though.

Kathy