[X-Unix] SMB and Windows Server2003

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Mon May 31 08:40:47 PDT 2004

When you say that you cannot connect to the shares, is it that you can
see them, but your username and password are rejected? Or is it that
you cannot see the shares at all from your Mac?

If it is that you can see them but your password is rejected, try this:
When using your username and password, enter them in this format:

In the Username text area enter: 'domainname\username'
Use your domain password here: 'password'

Without the quotes, and this assumes that you are a user in the newly
created domain.

I am not near a Windows server, so I cannot test another theory I have,
which regards NTLM (Challenge/Response) and permissions.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com