[X-Unix] Putting Serial # into System Profiler

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 24 14:25:42 PST 2004

On 11/24/04 11:03 PM, "Marley Graham" <mgraham at aquaflo.com> wrote:

> Apple System Profiler displays the serial number in only about half of
> our company computers (mostly iMacs). How would one go about entering
> serial numbers into the Apple System Profiler for the rest of them?

I never thought you could "enter" them - I always thought they were
hard-wired into something on the motherboard. It seems more surprising that
some of them _don't_ show serial numbers. I'd ask Apple.

Kirk

          Author of: The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France