[X-Unix] >console login problems

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Thu Oct 7 18:56:53 PDT 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 8:42 PM, Justin Herald wrote:

Do you have the root account enabled, or any other accounts on the
system?  I tried it for the first time today, as well, and things
worked fine for me.  I've installed quite a few *nix applications and
such, so I don't remember if I changed any of the tty data or anything,
but I'm pretty sure I didn't.  If you don't have the root account
enabled, try that, then log out, and type >console in the username
field.  The graphical interface should fade away, and you should get a
CLI with a login prompt.  Logging in, and typing exit will bring back
your graphical interface.

HTH
-----
Eric F Crist