[X-Unix] >console login problems

Justin Herald justin.herald at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 7 19:17:26 PDT 2004

Yea, I do have root enabled.

I have to wonder if it has anything to do with /etc/ttys because i
tried editing that file a while ago to accomplish no login window, but
when I did that what happened was my screen flashed twice, then
continued to boot up normally until it came to loading the login window
then it made no more progress. Then I tried logging in with single
user, but nothing would show up on my display. I was lucky that I
always enable telnet, ssh, ftp, etc. I couldn't login with telnet from
my linux machine with the ibook running on airport, so what I had to do
was plug it into the router and change the comments back.

Inconsequential, I know. But maybe that problem would shed light onto
this current problem.

On Oct 7, 2004, at 9:56 PM, Eric Crist wrote:

> If you don't have the root account enabled, try that
-- Justin Herald

  If an S and an I and an O and a U
With an X at the end spell Su;
And an E and a Y and an E spell I,
Pray what is a speller to do?
Then, if also an S and an I and a G
And an HED spell side,
There's nothing much left for a speller to do
But to go commit siouxeyesighed.
		-- Charles Follen Adams, "An Orthographic Lament"