[X-Unix] Networking when booting OS X in text mode

Justin Herald justin.herald at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 7 20:06:50 PDT 2004

This would explain this (posted by me a little bit ago).

Then I tried logging in with single user ... I couldn't login with
telnet from my linux machine with the ibook running on airport, so what
I had to do was plug it into the router and change the comments back.

On Oct 7, 2004, at 11:03 PM, Alexandre Gauthier wrote:

> Well, I did a wee bit of testing today, and it seems the airport
> networking is launched after I log in graphically at least once. Then,
> the adapters spring up correctly in ifconfig in console mode.
>
> I am pretty sure Network preferences and locations are system wide, I
> think my problem is probably related to the airport applet or airport
> in general.
>
> Or maybe I'm just special.
-- Justin Herald

  Chicago law prohibits eating in a place that is on fire.