[X-Unix] PGP funkiness...

Jakob Peterhänsel jakob at hjemme.dk
Sat Oct 9 19:37:50 PDT 2004

On 9. okt 2004, at 10:12, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> 	What "mess"?

AMEN!  :-)

Ok guys, this thread over 0.2K is now 88.6K large (before I add to it)

I would like to add:

1: The couple whining about those attachements must be bored, or have a
really small HD.

2: In regard to #1, simply set Mail.app not to download attachements
before needed.

3: An alternative to PGP, is to use a Certificate. I do, and it works
very well, and it's all build-in in Mail.app. Cool thing here, is that
Certificates is stored in your Keychain, and One signed email exchange
enables encryption between the peers.
Learn more here:
http://joar.com/certificates/
http://search.info.apple.com/?
search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=&q=Mail%20Certificate

4: Why is it even nessesary to sign stuff on a public list?
I mean, are there Really that many attempts at spoffing your statements
on public lists?
I haven't seen any in the 15 years I have been on 'the net'. So, if
there Should be a somewhat valid argument regarding those
attachements/signatures (1 vote not for ascii signatures!), it should
be that it's simply a vaste of effort.

Have fun!

	Jakob Peterhänsel

"Tell me why, don't we try, not to break our hearts
   and make it so hard for our selfs"
P.S.B. 1987

Email: 	jakob at hjemme.dk
AIM: 		Marook