[X-Unix] PGP funkiness...

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Oct 9 20:40:04 PDT 2004

On Oct 9, 2004, at 9:37 PM, Jakob Peterhänsel wrote:

[SNIP]

> 4: Why is it even nessesary to sign stuff on a public list?
> I mean, are there Really that many attempts at spoffing your
> statements on public lists?
> I haven't seen any in the 15 years I have been on 'the net'. So, if
> there Should be a somewhat valid argument regarding those
> attachements/signatures (1 vote not for ascii signatures!), it should
> be that it's simply a vaste of effort.

Jakob,

I haven't had spoof attempts, but there are people out there that feel
the need to edit _within_ the original text, even to the point of
changing some of my grammar.  On some very rare occasions, they've
changed that actual meaning of what I was trying to say, I hope by
mistake.  This has caused offense to some, and we're all aware of how
some people get hurt feelings very easily on mail lists.  ;)  This is
why I sign my email.  This way, you know what I really sent.  That's
all.

Thanks!

-----
Eric F Crist