[X-Unix] Modifying .bashrc to display dns name of machine I'm logged into

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Oct 13 15:16:48 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 04:33:51PM +0200, Lewis, Benjamin (Ben) wrote:
:
: >I would appreciate if you would at least _try_ to search for an
: >answer yourself, and if you  cannot find what you're looking for, or
: >don't understand the information you find, the ask the list.
:
: Hi Eric
:
: 9 times out of 10 I would agree but sometimes it's no so easy to do
: this. I was doing a deployment at a customer site in Saudi last year
: and ran into an Oracle problem. I started my usual procedure of
: pasting the error code into google but found that web access was
: blocked. I asked someone in the office if I could use his computer to
: access google and he replied "What is google?". True story, nobody had
: web access in the office apart from the marketing department and even
: that was heavily filtered.

Yo, Google is like the Internet, fa shizzle!

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/