[X-Unix] Apache & ifconfig

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Oct 18 05:57:17 PDT 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 1:35 AM, Pedro fp wrote:

> Part of my planning has been to group IP addresses for different
> purposes leaving generous gaps for addresses to be added later.
> At this stage I have 2 questions ...
> 1. Should I have done anything differently?
> 2. To what file do I add the ifconfig commands so that they run at
> startup? ATDG suggests /etc/rc.local but that doesn't exist on OS X.
>
> TIA & cheers, Pedro :-)

Pedro,

What is the point of having separate IP addresses?  Unless you're doing
SSL on all the IPs, and they're all from different domains, you can
just use VirtualHost directives within your httpd.conf file.  Keep in
mind, however, if you're going to use FQDN, you're going to need
forward DNS and the like.

HTH
-----
Eric F Crist