[X-Unix] Apache & ifconfig

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Oct 19 03:16:42 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 09:14:11AM +1000, Pedro fp wrote:
:
: I  now have pedro.mars.local on 192.168.18.1 & plowman.mars.local on
: 192.168.18.2 both working but when I moved on to the next ones
: [starting with shakti.mars.local on 192.168.18.11] they aren't working
: for me. Pinging them I get "Host is down" by either name or IP address
: & I can't see why given they're so similar to the ones that do work.

Every IP address that you want your machine to answer for must be
correctly established on that interface.  Type "ifconfig en0" to
report all IP addresses bound to your Ethernet port.