[X-Unix] Orig G3 desktop and OS X

Brent Baisley brent at landover.com
Thu Oct 21 13:35:59 PDT 2004

Yes, you can dual boot. You just need to partition your drives.

Don't know about the Sonnet card. There are certain limitations in the
PCI spec that may be causing problem with your card. I forget if the
Beige G3 has PCI 2.0 or 2.1 (or something completely different). For
instance, I think a 7500 has PCI 2.0 which doesn't allow for FireWire
for some reason. It's been a while since I've read the spec (not
something I do that often). But it may be limitations in the hardware
and have nothing to do with the OS or that it's a Macintosh.