[X-Unix] How to find your DHCP server...

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpalaciosp at eml.cc
Thu Sep 16 17:37:03 PDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 6:59 PM, William H. Magill wrote:

> You don't need sudo,

	OK, understood...

> but you do need the active interface.
> I happen to use airport, and "en1" not "en0" is the active interface.
> (type "ifconfig" to see what's there.)

	In my case en0 is the active interface, standard built-in ethernet
port acting as my box's default gateway (actually, the only interface I
have connected to the network, and it's *always* connected).

> It does "fail silently," and $? will yield a "1" ... the program DID
> complete successfully, it just had nothing to say about the interface.

	OK, not my taste of "feedback" but ok, fair enough...

	Still, I can't get anything out of ipconfig, and still haven't had the
chance to ask my Darwin friends, maybe will tonight. In any case,
thanks for your reply! Regards,...

		Juan