[X-Unix] CL Usenet and email

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:51:13 PDT 2005

Kevin Stevens wrote:

>The biggest issue I have with text mail isn't really with the mail client
>- it's that I'm not in a position to launch web links readily, it's
>copy/paste into the web browser on whatever system I'm using.
>
>KeS

Why not just highlight (focus on) links and use a launcher out of the
'Services' menu?

It works fine from the Terminal. I launch links there all the time
(with choices of Opera, Safari, Omniweb, and Camino). I'd write a
service mod for Firefox, but it's too trivial, and i'm tired. <laughs>

I suppose a hyperlink would be the big problem, but anything that has
a first domain and server addy (.com, .org, etc) will launch in any
browser with the Services. Just a thought.

~flipper
(Eudora user in GUI-land)