[X-Unix] CL Usenet and email

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 16 16:19:09 PDT 2005

On Apr 16, 2005, at 11:50 pm, Scott J. Kramer wrote:

> --On Saturday, April 16, 2005 10:26 +0100 Stroller
> <MacMonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
>> Apart from threading, which I admit is poor, what high-end features
>> would you like to see from Mail.app?

> Apple Mail still lacks the ability to associate different message
> draft properties/attributes with different sender addresses.  ...
> Other MUAs sometimes attempt something similar using "dummy" accounts,
> which (IMO) is inferior to Mulberry's identity-centric method.  I
> create
> new *identities* to use with different sender addresses instead of new
> *accounts* for them.  Only an SMTP account is required by the sender,
> not an IMAP/POP account, and that's in the identity.

Yes, I agree. In some ways Win32's Outlook Express handled identities
better 5 or 6 years ago than Mail.app does today. But since I have only
2 identities I just have 2 mailboxes on the IMAP server (as I think I
have done since some time before I started using a Mac) and Mail.app
handles them fine, for me.

Stroller.