[X-Unix] E-mail server

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 21 13:42:52 PDT 2005

At 15:32 -0500 21/4/05, Russell McGaha wrote:
>I've been charged with setting up a small [10-15 user] e-mail server
>at work; could anyone make any suggestions, or provide any links
>they think would be good reading, for such an undertaking?
>
>TIA
>Russell
>
>PS I'm Googling after I send this.

Russell,

Well if you have OS X server it has a built in email server.

But if you don't (and indeed even if you did) I heartily recommend
Eudora Internet Mail Server (EIMS):

<<http://www.eudora.co.nz>>

I've installed this product on sites where people either had nothing
before or indeed had used the earlier OS X mail server.

Its very stable very efficient (i.e. processes mail without needing a
super machine - e.g. one 30 person site is running it off a Bondi
Blue iMac) and has excellent support.

There is a mail list you can subscribe to as well.

Usual disclaimer about not receiving any kickbacks for recommending
it - just a very satisfied customer with several very satisfied
clients.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

An intuitive, user friendly computer for the rest of us. -- Old Apple Slogan