[X-Unix] E-mail server

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 21 15:58:15 PDT 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 9:32 pm, Russell McGaha wrote:

> I've been charged with setting up a small [10-15 user] e-mail server
> at work; could anyone make any suggestions, or provide any links they
> think would be good reading, for such an undertaking?

Courier IMAP on Linux on a cheap x86 box. If you've never used Linux
before, then this'd likely to be a PITA for you to set up, but I'm sure
a web-based interface is available. For reliability & flexibility you
can't go wrong.

I'd consider a Sendmail- (or Postfix-) only mail-server to be somewhat
restrictive - IMAP allows users to keep all their mail on the server,
structure it into folder hierarchies and access it from multiple
machines, in or out of the office. Giving them webmail is easy.

Stroller.