[X-Unix] E-mail server

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Apr 22 00:51:14 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 06:23:11PM -0500, Eric F Crist <ecrist at secure-computing.net> wrote:
:
: On Apr 21, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Russell McGaha wrote:
:
: >I've been charged with setting up a small [10-15 user] e-mail server
: >at work; could anyone make any suggestions, or provide any links they
: >think would be good reading, for such an undertaking?
: >
: >TIA
: >Russell
: >
: >PS I'm Googling after I send this.
:
: It's always a good idea to google FIRST.  FYI.
:
: I would recommend FreeBSD with sendmail.  I've been using this
: combination for over seven years with no problems at all.  All the
: software is free of cost, and works for extremely large systems, or
: extremely small systems.  Kinda up to what you want to do.  I'm willing
: to help you support it in getting going as I'm a huge FreeBSD advocate,
: buy you'd eventually be asked to learn it yourself.

I used to love FreeBSD.  But after seeing their direction with 5.x,
I'm not so sure about them now, especially with the politicing that
seems to interfere with its growth.  I'm far more excited about the
work that's going on with DragonFly BSD.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/