[X-Unix] Compile Error ?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Aug 27 09:40:06 PDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 12:26:19AM CDT, Richard <cms01 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
:
: Was trying to compile a email client, called elmo,
: I do have xtool installed, and was suppose to be a easy compile,
: according to the readme.txt file.
:
: Here my output via terminal window....
:
: FastMAC:~/desktop/elmo-1.3.2 rn$ ls
: ABOUT-NLS       COPYING         Makefile.in     TODO            config.rpath    depcomp         interface.pl    po
: ADVOCACY        ChangeLog       NEWS            aclocal.m4      config.sub      doc             intl            src
: AUTHORS         INSTALL         README          config.guess    configure       exec_table.pl   missing         themes
: BUGS            Makefile.am     THANKS          config.h.in     configure.in    install-sh      mkinstalldirs   ylwrap
: FastMAC:~/desktop/elmo-1.3.2 rn$ ./configure
: checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
: checking whether build environment is sane... yes
: sed: 1: conftest.sed: invalid command code ?
: checking for gawk... no
: checking for mawk... no
: checking for nawk... no
: checking for awk... awk
: checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
: checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
: checking for gcc... gcc
: checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
: See `config.log' for more details.
: FastMAC:~/desktop/elmo-1.3.2 rn$
:
: what is the problem, is it telling me, that there is no C complier installed?...
: I can see ( c++ and gcc 3.3 ) listed in the /bin folder.
:

You might want to upgrade to Xcode Tools 2.1, which is
compatible with Tiger.  BTW, the path to the compilers
should be /usr/bin/gcc and /usr/bin/c++, respectively.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/