[X-Unix] SSH connection

SeaSoft Systems seasoft at west.net
Wed Dec 7 19:24:35 PST 2005

>From: Ted <tlanden at mac.com>
>
>Firewall on ibook needs to be open...
>
>System Preferences - Sharing - Firewall tab ... Check Remote Login-
>SSH and click start.

Thanks Ted, but that didn't help. I've now tried it both ways (ibook
firewall on *and*  off) with the same result ("connect to host
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 22: Connection refused")

As an aside: What you say is a little counterintuitive to me; it
would seem to imply that if the OSX ibook firewall is *off* that the
system would block some ports, at the very least port 22. Is that
actually the case? I would have thought that if the firewall was off
that everything would get in.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.

Richard