[X-Unix] Scaling print documents

Doug Edwards doug at cs.man.ac.uk
Sun Feb 20 08:35:39 PST 2005

I want to scale the size of a document from the command line. The lpr
options to CUPS to specify scaling appear not to work - in fact running
"strings" on the ps2ps CUPS filter reveal nothing pertaining to these
options although the other CUPS options are visible. I am aware that
the psutils package has psresize, but most of psutils are incompatible
with CUPS (try printing with a 2-side option having filtered a ps file
through most of the psutils).

Any ideas?
Dr Doug Edwards             email: doug at cs.man.ac.uk
Dept of Computer Science    Tel:   +44 161 275 6191
University of Manchester    Fax:   +44 161 275 6204
Oxford Road, M13 9PL
UK