[X-Unix] Re: X-Unix Digest, Vol 5, Issue 3

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 6 01:58:59 PST 2005

Am 06.01.2005 um 05:22 schrieb
x-unix-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com:

> I've just tested my PowerBook G4 which should be running at
> circa 867 MHZ - but it's reported to be running at 533 MHz.

Could be it's tired? Battery low? Or is it saving power because you are
browsing the net with 1.0 Hz? What is sysctl reporting when you launch
a large application (launch time a few seconds at least)? Or when
you're compiling something and the CPU fan goes on? Some more Hz on the
scale?

Have ever opened the System Preferences? Isn't there an area on Energy
Saving too?

--
Greetings

   Pete