[X-Unix] Renaming "NO NAME" Flash Disks

Robert Frank robert.frank at unibas.ch
Thu Jan 6 23:48:09 PST 2005

Under MACOSX I usually cannot rename any automounted external disk, be
it a blank CD or a memory stick, in the finder. However, if I call the
Info panel, I can always change the volume's label in the info panel ..

go figure!

Robert

On 7 Jan 2005, at 4:33, x-unix-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> On 1/6/05 5:21 AM, "Alexandre Gauthier" <supernaut at underwares.org>
> wrote:
>

>>> In OS X, it shows up in the Finder as "NO NAME".  The name is not
>>> enabled
>>> for editing.
>>>
>> I was able to rename my USB watch flash drive to "Watch" in OS X 10.3
>
> I changed mine with no problem as well... Maybe the write-protection
> tab is
> on?

Departement Informatik   FGB   tel   +41 (0)61 267 14 66
Universität Basel                          fax. +41 (0)61 267 14 61
Robert Frank
Klingelbergstrasse 50                 Robert.Frank at unibas.ch
CH-4056 Basel
Switzerland