[X-Unix] Login Hooks running items on login a little bit too quickly

Our PAl Al opa at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jan 7 15:16:17 PST 2005

I've been following instructions on http://www.bombich.com  to experiment
with Login Hooks to automatically run items on User login. Since I intend
these things to be global for all Users, this is great.

Only problem, login hooks run *immediately* on login, i.e. before the GUI
loads, which is not always good. Some things I want need the GUI for User
feedback.

I don't want to hard code a delay in my shell script since delay times until
the Finder is up can vary by machine. Anybody know how a shell script could
determine if the Finder is is fully up before proceeding to execute?

- opa