[X-Unix] X11 issues

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Jul 10 03:54:17 PDT 2005

Hope someone can help us to solve this one...

While trying to install Eagle lite (PCB layout software) that is meant to
use Apple's X11 we ran across some issues;

-There was no X11 installed with the 15" PB (not sure if it was and then
deleted or not at all)
-He is running 10.4.1 but did not install X11 as part of the upgrade AFAIK.
-to get around this I downloaded the latest X11 available for free (not with
an OS) and we tried to install it. I get as far as choosing a disk and then
it 'suggests' that it cannot be installed because a newer version exists...
-For the life of me I cannot find it (not in Apps/Util/anywhere), not in
receipts in Library, not anywhere spotlight can find, I even took off the
installer for Dev tools he had to see if it saw something in there...

Finally the question: How can I find whatever it is that seems to be
suggesting it is X11? Normal GUI and my limited CLI knowledge have been
exhausted.

(I could look into pacifist if I have to to install the version with Tiger
but thought I would ask here first about other options)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Richard