[X-Unix] X11 issues

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 13:02:46 PDT 2005

Jakob Peterhänsel wrote:

>That means downloading iTunes 4.9 and installing
>it over 4.8 could WIPE your library, as the
>installer might clean-install iTunes.

So, let me get this straight. Software Update
won't offer me the update, because it sees i have
iTunes 4.9 installed already, AND it also must be
aware that there's no receipt for anything on my
system. But, you're saying that even though i
trashed all receipts, that it'll wipe out the
Library???

Shouldn't my last use of software update offered
me my 10.4 to 10.4.1 updater, not to mention the
7.0.1 QT Pro upd, etc?

That's a good one. If Apple starts keeping the
Library for iTunes inside the .pkg (you know,
<appname/Contents/Resources) then they'll deserve
to go bust. <laughs>.

Heheh, as long as Apple doesn't start using One
Big The Finder to see what's what out here, in
the real world, we'll be okay. People should keep
their receipts if it feels safer, sure, why not?
I take Apple's little notes with a grain of
salt... file them under the CISC vs. RISC file
<laughs>.

brian s