[X-Unix] Address book and Mail.app

Jakob Peterhänsel jakob at hjemme.dk
Mon Jun 6 01:35:15 PDT 2005

Hi,

On 05/06/2005, at 2:27, William H. Magill wrote:
> The second issue is with mail.app -- it double counts the number of
> incoming messages -- randomly.
>
> I suspect it happens if I launch mail.app and don't read all of the
> new messages in a given mail box, quit and then re-launch mail.app.
> [I run my own IMAP server and use procmail to sort the incoming
> messages into multiple inboxes.]

This is filed agains 10.4 seeding on Follow-up:  8086483

If you want to see what's going on, run this in Terminal:
/Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail -LogActivityOnHost
hostNameOfOneOfTheirImapAccounts

You will get a LOT of output in the terminal...

It would really help if you can file this bug with Apple!
(Via RadarWeb)

     Jakob Peterhänsel

"Tell me why, don't we try, not to break our hearts
   and make it so hard for our selfs"
P.S.B. 1987

Email:     jakob at hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook